Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vegetarian Calico Beans (Onion and Garlic Free)

Made in a crockpot, beans don't get any easier. Those without an intolerance to onion and garlic can certainly save a step and substitute regular ketchup for the homemade variety. These are vegetarian and onion- and garlic-free.

Ingredients (Makes 12 servings)
1 can great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup onion and garlic free ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tbsp vinegar

Directions
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. This is enough for my family. I double  (or triple!) the recipe for potlucks and picnics.

Nutrition Facts Serving Size 131.0 g, Calories 261, Calories from Fat 25, Total Fat 2.8g, Saturated Fat 0.9g, Trans Fat 0.0g, Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrates 47.4g, Dietary Fiber 9.8g, Sugars 9.5g, Protein 13.5g, Vitamin A 3%,Vitamin C 21%, Calcium 8%, Iron 26%


1 comment:

  1. Mmm! I love my crockpot. And I like good baked beans. This is a fun blog, Barb! We eat veggie a few times a week, so I'm going to have to stop by again!

    ReplyDelete